LifeStream Services is now offering the Wellness Initiative for Senior Education (WISE) program for older adults in East Central Indiana. WISE is a free six week wellness program for people 55 and over who want to learn how to live a healthier lifestyle and meet new people.
The educational program offers six lessons that cover a wide range of topics. Participants will have an opportunity to meet new people and:
- learn about the aging process and how to make healthy lifestyle choices,
- celebrate this exciting stage of life and all the benefits that come with it,
- discuss risk factors and behaviors older adults should avoid to stay healthy
- examine how alcohol, prescription medications and over-the-counter medications affect seniors differently and how they can avoid problems,
- and learn how to use simple tools to help you feel more empowered about your health and the healthcare you receive.
Free refreshments will be served at each lesson, and all program participants will be eligible to receive gift certificates and other free giveaways.
Organizations interested in hosting WISE or individuals interested in participating in the program should visit www.lifestreaminc.org or call 800-589-1121.