LifeStream is dedicated to promoting healthy and active living in the communities we serve.
We provide a variety of health and wellness programs and classes to help promote active living among older adults, people with disabilities, and their caregivers.
Learn more about the programs and classes we offer in our community, and other resources for promoting wellness.
A full hour of fun focused on dynamic cardiovascular exercise, strength training, balance, and flexibility – everything older adults need to maintain health and functions as they age.
- Strength Training: train with light weights.
- Flexibility and Balance: increase your range of movement and help prevent falls.
- Aerobic and Cardio: experience improvements in walking and breathing.
What to Expect
- Expect a casual atmosphere. This one-hour class is attended by older adults like you – not athletes – interested in improving their life through exercise.
- Expect an energetic, certified instructor who leads our series of exercises and provides individual attention.
- Classes begin with a warm-up period. At times, you work with light soft-weights (provided). Classes finish with a cool-down session.
Geri-Fit is a 45 minute video-led strength training exercise class for older adults. Most of the body building exercises are performed seated in chairs with a set of light dumbbell weights. As you become stronger, you can advance to heavier dumbbells in order to challenge yourself even more. Enrollment is open to older adults of all ages and fitness levels, simply work out at your own pace!
Questions? Please contact Gina Harvey, Wellness Educator, at 765-730-7521 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participating locations include:
- Centerville-Abington Senior Center
- Farmland Community Center
- Forest Park Senior Center
- New Castle Senior Center
- Richmond Senior Community Center
- Western-Wayne Senior Center
Access the Geri-Fit program from the comfort and safety of your home:
Healthy Eating Every Day
Healthy Eating Every Day is designed to help people identify the reasons for their poor eating choices and acquire the lifestyle management skills needed to improve their eating habits permanently. In this class you will set personal goals and learn how you can utilize the Healthy Eating Every Day behaviors to achieve your goals. Topics covered include portion control, how to limit calorie dense food, and how to accumulate at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity daily.
Benefits of this course
- Improve eating habits in ways that fit your lifestyle.
- Make eating enjoyable and realistic.
- Learn and practice behavior change skills that support your new healthy eating habits.
HomeMeds is a free review of all your medications by a trained professional. The participant’s medicines will be reviewed by a trained pharmacist. If needed, the participant’s personal physician will be contacted for changes if indicated.
If you answer yes to some or all of the questions below, you may benefit from a review:
- Do you see multiple doctors or fill prescriptions at multiple pharmacies?
- Do you take over-the-counter drugs or supplements?
- Do you have recently experienced a fall, dizziness, or unusual confusion?
- Do you have recently been to the ER or hospital?
- Do you take blood thinners or diabetes medication?
If you, a loved one, or a client are in need of this service, please call 1-800-589-1121 or fill out the online form.
A Matter of Balance
A Matter of Balance is an 8-week structured group intervention that emphasizes practical strategies to reduce fear of falling and increase activity levels. You will learn to view falls as controllable, set goals for increasing activity, make changes to reduce fall risks at home, and exercises to increase strength and balance.
Who should attend?
- Anyone concerned about falls.
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility, and strength.
- Anyone who has fallen in the past.
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns.
WISE (Wellness Initiative for Senior Education)
This educational program offers six lessons that cover a wide range of topics. Join us for a fun program where you’ll meet new people and:
- Learn about the aging process and how to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Celebrate this exciting stage of life and all the benefits that come with it.
- Discuss risk factors and behaviors you should avoid to stay healthy.
- Examine how alcohol, prescription medications and over-the-counter medications affect seniors differently and how you can avoid problems.
- Learn how to use simple tools to help you feel more empowered about your health and the healthcare you recieve.
For more information, call 800-589-1121.
LifeStream is dedicated to promoting the benefits of active living in our community.