LifeStream Services has trained State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) counselors on staff to help navigate the complexities of healthcare during the Open Enrollment period which ends on December 7. SHIP provides free, impartial health insurance information and is not affiliated with any insurance company.
SHIP can help answer questions on Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, long-term care insurance, prescription drug coverage, and low income assistance. The goal of this program is to help the beneficiary make well-informed decisions regarding their health care and get the most value for their health insurance dollars.
LifeStream is hosting virtual and drive-thru events to help those in need during Open Enrollment.
- SHIP Question and Answer Virtual Session on November 12 from 9:00am to 10:00am and again from 6:00pm to 7:00pm. A SHIP Counselor will provide a short presentation with general information and will be available to answer general questions. No personal information will be discussed during the presentation. Join the 9:00am session at t bit.ly/LifeStreamSHIP3 or the 6pm session at bit.ly/LifeStreamSHIP4.
- SHIP Drive-Thru Assistance on November 16 and November 30 from 11:00am to 1:00pm at the LifeStream offices in Pendleton, Richmond, and Yorktown. SHIP Counselors will be on hand to hand out information packets and help answer any questions. These events will practice safe social distancing measures to keep the community safe.
- LifeStream Pendleton: 1 Plaza Dr. Suite 6 Pendleton, IN 46064
- LifeStream Richmond: 423 Commerce Rd. Richmond, IN 47374
- LifeStream Yorktown: 1701 Pilgrim Blvd. Yorktown, IN 47396
SHIP Counselors are also available via phone at 800-589-1121 to help answer questions and review current plans. This program is available to anyone in Blackford, Delaware, Fayette, Franklin, Grant, Henry, Jay, Madison, Randolph, Rush, Union and Wayne counties. Visit lifestreaminc.org or call 800-589-1121 to learn more.