LifeStream Services is now offering A Matter of Balance classes at select locations in our 12 county service area. A Matter of Balance is an 8-week structured group intervention that emphasizes practical strategies to reduce fear of falling and increase activity levels. You will learn to view falls as controllable, set goals for increasing activity, make changes to reduce fall risks at home, and exercises to increase strength and balance.
Who should attend A Matter of Balance?
- Anyone concerned about falls.
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility, and strength.
- Anyone who has fallen in the past.
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns.
Please see below participating locations with classes starting the week of February 7. Those interested can register by calling the site they wish to attend.
- Essential Senior Connections
- Classes: Fridays from 9:00am to 11:00am
- Call 765-298-6444 to register.
- Address: 800 N. Central Ave. Alexandria
- YMCA of Muncie – Downtown
- Classes Fridays from 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
- Call 765-741-5534
- Address: 500 S. Mulberry St. Muncie
- Western-Wayne Senior Center
- Classes Mondays from 10:00am to noon
- Call 765-748-4579 to register.
- Address: 1007 E. Main St. Cambridge City, IN