LifeStream Services is asking for your help in brightening the holidays for isolated seniors in need in East Central Indiana. AngelWish is LifeStream’s annual campaign to spread holiday cheer to isolated seniors and people with disabilities. The program coordinates doorstep delivery of packages of food, personal care items, practical necessities, and gifts.
For many senior citizens across Indiana, the holiday season can be the loneliest time of the year. That’s where LifeStream’s AngelWish comes in. For over 20 years, generous businesses, clubs, organizations, churches, and individuals have come together as a community to ensure the most vulnerable are not forgotten during the holidays.
Last year alone, LifeStream delivered over 800 gift packages. LifeStream is excited to touch the lives of even more seniors this holiday season as the program is offered across their 12 county service area – Blackford, Delaware, Fayette, Franklin, Grant, Henry, Jay, Madison, Randolph, Rush, Union, and Wayne counties.
Below is how individuals and organizations can support the AngelWish program:
- Volunteer: LifeStream will need assistance in packaging gifts, as well as delivering gift bags to the AngelWish recipients.
- Donate Items: LifeStream is seeking donations of practical necessity items to place in this year’s bags. Suggested items include peanut butter, tuna, soups, bath soap, hand lotion, toilet paper, shampoo, deodorant, denture cleaner, hand sanitizer, dish washing liquid, tissue paper, etc. Pick up/drop off of items should be coordinated no later than December 1.
- Sponsor: Benefits can include logo and name listed on print and online materials, name listed in Streamlines newsletter delivered to over 3,500 homes and businesses, as well as the opportunity to provide promotional materials.
- Monetary Donations: With every $25 donation, a senior will receive a gift bag and a requested gift of their choice. Checks should be made payable to LifeStream Services and mailed to 1701 Pilgrim Blvd., Yorktown, IN 47396. Please note AngelWish on the check.
- Donation Drop Off Location: Your business or organization can become a hot spot for community members to come in and drop off donated items. A LifeStream representative will provide a donation box and come periodically to empty the box of donations.
Those interested in supporting the AngelWish program should fill out the form below. print the PDF, or contact Laura Bray, Volunteer Services Administrator, by calling 800-589-1121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.