LifeStream Services is asking for your help in brightening the holidays for isolated seniors in need in East Central Indiana. AngelWish is LifeStream’s annual campaign to spread holiday cheer to isolated seniors and people with disabilities. The program coordinates doorstep delivery of packages of food, personal care items, practical necessities, and gifts.
For many senior citizens across Indiana, the holiday season can be the loneliest time of the year. That’s where LifeStream’s AngelWish comes in. For over 20 years, generous businesses, clubs, organizations, churches, and individuals have come together as a community to ensure the most vulnerable are not forgotten during the holidays.
Last year alone, LifeStream delivered over 800 gift packages. LifeStream is excited to touch the lives of even more seniors this holiday season as the program is offered across their 12 county service area – Blackford, Delaware, Fayette, Franklin, Grant, Henry, Jay, Madison, Randolph, Rush, Union, and Wayne counties.
Below is how individuals and organizations can support the AngelWish program:
- Volunteer: LifeStream is in need of volunteers for a variety of tasks. Opportunities include:
- Empty Drop Location Boxes: Our total number of drop locations grew significantly this year with a total of 79 locations in which the community can drop off their donations to the AngelWish program. We will need assistance in emptying these boxes and returning the donations to the LifeStream office in Yorktown or Richmond.
- Inventory: As you can imagine, the item donations for this program are significant. As donations come into the Richmond and Yorktown office, we will need assistance in sorting and counting what we have of each product. This will be extremely helpful in determining where we are in donations and how many more donations we still need of each product. This task can be done Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm at the Richmond or Yorktown office.
- Support Calls: Are you good on the phone and have prior experience in fundraising or requesting support? Then this is the perfect volunteer task for you! With the assistance of Hannah Downham, Public Relations Officer, you will be given a script and a call list to help us get support from local businesses and organizations for AngelWish. This task is done at our Yorktown office anytime between now and November 30.
- Color Cards: Each year, we try to put a holiday card in each gift bag. We will provide the cards and you or your volunteer group will color the cards. A LifeStream representative will pick them up from you by December 1 to have for the packaging of the gifts the following week.
- Create a homemade gift: A handmade gift is a nice touch to the AngelWish gift bag. If you enjoy knitting, crocheting, or crafting in anyway and would like to make gifts for the seniors, please let us know. We ask that all crafts be dropped off at the LifeStream office or you can call us to arrange pick up prior to December 1.
- Packaging: We will be doing 2 large AngelWish baggings this year. The first will be held on Tuesday, December 5 from 1pm to 5pm at the LifeStream office in Richmond. The second bagging will be held on Saturday, December 9 from 9am to 2pm at the LifeStream office in Yorktown. Volunteers on these days will assist in assembling and organizing the bags to go out to clients.
- Delivering: With the busy schedules of our care managers and the estimated total of AngelWish bags we will have this year, volunteers in delivery are extremely important. These individuals will sign up to take bags to as many homes as they wish. This opportunity is unique as you can see firsthand the impact you are making on the lives of these seniors. Delivery will begin immediately following the bagging of the area you are wanting to deliver to. We ask that all bags be delivered prior to December 24.
- Donate Items: LifeStream is seeking donations of practical necessity items to place in this year’s bags. Suggested items include peanut butter, tuna, soups, bath soap, hand lotion, shampoo, deodorant, denture cleaner, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, dish washing liquid, tissue paper, etc. Pick up/drop off of items should be coordinated no later than December 1. There are 76 drop locations throughout the 12 counties LifeStream serves.
- Sponsor: Benefits can include logo and name listed on print and online materials, name listed in Streamlines newsletter delivered to over 3,500 homes and businesses, as well as the opportunity to provide promotional materials.
- Monetary Donations: With every $25 donation, a senior will receive a gift bag and a requested gift of their choice. Checks should be made payable to LifeStream Services and mailed to 1701 Pilgrim Blvd., Yorktown, IN 47396. Please note AngelWish on the check.
Those interested in supporting the AngelWish program should fill out the form below. print the PDF, or contact Laura Bray, Volunteer Services Administrator, by calling 800-589-1121 or email email@example.com.
Special thank you to this year’s AngelWish sponsors and in-kind donors: Heaven Sent Home Healthcare, Providence Anderson, Edgewater Woods, Senior Support Services, Inc., Visiting Angels, Stateline Medical Equipment, A-1 Graphics, Albany Health & Rehab, Applegate Livestock Equipment, Eye Center of Richmond, Natco Credit Union, State of the Heart Care, First Presbyterian Church – Muncie, Lykins Counseling Clinic, FCN Bank – Brookville, Compassus Hospice, Gaddis Chrysler Dodge Jeep & Ram, KMG Homecare Unlimited, Madison County Federal Credit Union, Our Savior Lutheran Church, Pineknoll Rehabilitation Center, Showalter Blackwell Long Funeral Home, T&H Sweeper, Yaryan Eye Care Center, Zion Lutheran Church, Miller’s Merry Manor – Middletown, Bethany Pointe Health Campus, Morrison Woods, Better Homes & Gardens – Tracie Upchurch, Affordable Accounting Service, George’s Family Pharmacy, Noble Busy Bees Extension Homemakers Club, Preferred Population Health Management, Destiny Christian Academy, Cowan Christian Church, PrimeTrust Financial Credit Union, Meijer, The Woodlands, State Health Insurance Assistance Program, Dr. Grasso Dentistry, Dr. Wheeler Dentistry, Assurance Health Systems, Eaton EMT, CVS – Richmond, Reid Health Alliance Medicare, Golden Living Center – Golden Rule, HC Enviro Clean, Old National Bank, Brookville Healthcare Center, Reid Community Benefit, Heritage House Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, Arbor Trace, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Ball State University Student Government, and many more!