LifeStream Services is asking for your help in brightening the holidays for isolated seniors in need in East Central Indiana. AngelWish is LifeStream’s annual campaign to spread holiday cheer to isolated seniors and people with disabilities. The program coordinates doorstep delivery of packages of food, personal care items, practical necessities, and gifts.
For many senior citizens across Indiana, the holiday season can be the loneliest time of the year. That’s where LifeStream’s AngelWish comes in. For over 20 years, generous businesses, clubs, organizations, churches, and individuals have come together as a community to ensure the most vulnerable are not forgotten during the holidays.
Last year alone, LifeStream delivered 1,491 gift packages. LifeStream is excited to touch the lives of even more seniors this holiday season.
Below is how individuals and organizations can support the AngelWish program:
- Volunteer: LifeStream is in need of volunteers for a variety of tasks. Opportunities include:
- Inventory: As you can imagine, the item donations for this program are significant. As donations come into the Richmond and Yorktown office, we will need assistance in sorting and counting what we have of each product. This will be extremely helpful in determining where we are in donations and how many more donations we still need of each product. This task can be done Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm at the Richmond or Yorktown office.
- Color Cards: Each year, we try to put a holiday card in each gift bag. We will provide the cards and you or your volunteer group will color the cards. A LifeStream representative will pick them up from you by December 3 to have for the packaging of the gifts at the end of the week.
- Create a homemade gift: A handmade gift is a nice touch to the AngelWish gift bag. If you enjoy knitting, crocheting, or crafting in anyway and would like to make gifts for the seniors, please let us know. We ask that all crafts be dropped off at the LifeStream office or you can call us to arrange pick up prior to December 3.
- Packaging: We will be doing 2 large AngelWish baggings this year – one in Richmond and one in Yorktown. Date, time, and location of each bagging will be released soon. Volunteers on these days will assist in assembling and organizing the bags to go out to clients.
- Delivering: With the busy schedules of our care managers and the estimated total of AngelWish bags we will have this year, volunteers in delivery are extremely important. These individuals will sign up to take bags to as many homes as they wish. This opportunity is unique as you can see firsthand the impact you are making on the lives of these seniors. Delivery will begin immediately following the bagging of the area you are wanting to deliver to. We ask that all bags be delivered prior to December 24.
- Donate Items: LifeStream is seeking donations of practical necessity items to place in this year’s bags. Suggested items include peanut butter, tuna, soups, bath soap, hand lotion, shampoo, deodorant, denture cleaner, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, dish washing liquid, tissue paper, etc. Pick up/drop off of items should be coordinated no later than December 3.
- Sponsor: Benefits can include logo and name listed on print and online materials, name listed in Streamlines newsletter delivered to over 3,500 homes and businesses, as well as the opportunity to provide promotional materials.
- Monetary Donations: With every $25 donation, a senior will receive a gift bag and a requested gift of their choice. Checks should be made payable to LifeStream Services and mailed to 1701 Pilgrim Blvd., Yorktown, IN 47396. Please note AngelWish on the check.
If you are interested in supporting AngelWish, please choose whether you are supporting as an individual or for your business below, and fill out the form. You can also sign up to support by contacting Laura Bray, Volunteer Services Administrator, by calling 765-759-3372 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.